For a tax-deductible lease or investment, you can cut electricity prices with a pay-off of only a few years!
Try our interactive tool to select a solar system and check pay-back times.
- Uses South Australian irradiance and temperature data.
- Uses 5% loss due to dirt and cable loses as defined by the CEC
- Is based on the current AGL - Electricity Standing offer General Supply 126
- PV system is defined as plant equipment
- Uses prime cost method to depreciate investment
- Splits your quaterly bill into 3 monthly instalments
Many factors have not been included in this simple tool such as:
- localised shading
- Solar arrays on different pitches and directions
- many other inverters and panels we offer
- any electricity supply and switchboard issues
Once your system is paid in full (ie your lease period has expired) your savings will increase to the Buy Outright figures.
- Click on the value you want to change
- A pull-down menu-button now appears to the right
- Select value from the pull-down menu
- For 'Electricity Bill' and 'Self-usage' enter values directly (ie no menu for these)
- Finally, click 'Calculate Savings' to generate results
- Note that refreshing the graph and results may take some moments - please be patient!
Our after-tax calculator provides an approximate guide of the lease payable after tax, assuming the lease payments are 100% tax deductible. Tax deductions are calculated assuming the highest income value within each tax bracket except for the highest tax bracket where the lowest income within this bracket is used. The calculations are only intended to give you a general overview, of possible savings, and in no way constitute advice. Use of the rate and tax calculator is at your sole risk. The actual tax deduction available to you (if any) will depend on your personal circumstances and, as such, you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy or completeness. You should seek professional tax advice, from a qualified person. Ecosouth, its agents, officers and employees make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the rate and tax calculator and its applicability and suitability to your particular circumstances.